Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 New Beginnings Day 1

Happy New Year! Another year has come and gone.
And still I am on this journey... and as always, Mary is not giving up!
So here's the scoop. My company is doing the annual 90-day Transformation Challenge. I am participating this year. Really participating.
Honestly participating.
I sort of let myself go again. That was last year. Now we have a clean page.
I'm going to make a concerted effort to rewrite my story.  The only way we stay the same is if we choose to stay the same. I choose to move forward.
So today was day one. It went rather well, to my surprise. For some reason, I thought that it would be harder... that I would be hungrier... that I would crave the junk I've been eating the last month or so.
It was a pretty easy day, actually.
I did not like the scale when I stepped on it this morning. Dare I say it out loud?
I was back up to 225.4.
Today was a new beginning.
I also had Roger take my before pictures. That was a brave new step for me. He thought I was joking when I said I was going to wear a tighter shirt, and let all my fat show. I told him, "Brace yourself. You don't know how bad it's gotten... I do my best to hide it."
But I let him see it. And I let him take the pictures.
Then I gave him a high five and said "90 days, baby!!! This is it!!!"
Today was a new beginning.
I end the day feeling accomplished and hopeful.
2014 will be the year I change my story.
With God's help.
Sweet dreams!

No comments: